San Javier Jazz Festival
As summer is fast approaching, we thought it best to tell you of an event that may be of interest whilst you are visiting.
The internationally famous San Javier Jazz Festival dates have been announced and it will run from the 1st to the 30th July 2016. San Javier town will once again, on the shores of the Mar Menor, be 'swinging' to the sounds of Jazz.
If you feel you want to let loose and chill out listening to the 'cool crazy' beats. 'Get Down' to San Javier. Where the bands are sure to be 'Smokin' and the people 'jumpin'
Tickets are available to buy online or via the Festival Office in San Javier, jazz.sanjavier.es. Some of the lineup is below, along with the price of the tickets but more information can be found on the official website. A Pass for all of the concerts (except the ones on the 17th and 23rd) is 115€. Plus this year, there are four free open air concerts for you to enjoy in various locations.
Friday 1st July 21:30 tickets 15€
• Lars Danielsson New Quintet • Ken Hensley & Our Propaganda
Saturday 2nd July 21:30 tickets 15€
• Kirk Lightsey – Antonio Serrano • Nik West
Friday 8th July 21:30 tickets 20€
• Ignasi Terraza Cuarteto + Ronald Baker • Keb' Mo'
Saturday 9th July 21:30 tickets 15€
• Charles Lloyd New Quartet • Myles Sanko
Wednesday 13th July 21:30 FREE in the Plaza de Espana
• King Solomon Hicks
Friday 15th July 21:30 tickets 15€
• Joshua Redman Quartet
Saturday 16th July 21:30 tickets 20€
• Toni Zenet • Spyro Gyra
Sunday 17th July 21:30 tickets 30€ (not included in the Festival Pass)
• Steve Vai
Tuesday 19th July 21:30 FREE in Santiago de la Ribera
• Pike Cavalero & The Gentle Bandoleros
Wednesday 20th July 21:00 tickets 15€
• Jon Cleary and The Absolute Monster Gentlemen • Mike Stern & Bill Evans Band
Thursday 21st July 21:30 FREE in Santiago de la Ribera
• Trouper's Swing Band
Friday 22nd July 21:30 tickets 20€
• Jaume Vilaseca Trio y Mar Vilaseca • The JB's James Brown Original Band
Saturday 23rd July 21:30 tickets 30€ (20€ for festival pass holders)
• Dorantes • Melody Gardot
Sunday 24th July 21:30 FREE in the Puerto Tomas Maestre in La Manga
• Ray Gelato's Enforcers
Friday 29th July 21:30 tickets 15€
• Sarah McKenzie • The London Community Gospel Choir
Saturday 30th July 21:30 tickets 15€
• Ellis Marsalis Quartet • Kevin Mahogany, Dado Moroni & Ulf Wakenius
Now remember if you are looking to purchase property in the surrounding area, Golf Sun Spanish Properties are here to help, and exciting events like these will be on your doorstep.